Thursday, April 23, 2009

The faster I go the behind"er" I get

I'm having one of those days! Strike that, I am having one of those days, times ten.

I've tried all day for a productive day. The stars (or more aptly named LOGAN) are stacked against me. Grrrrrr. I love the little dude, but he's starting those terrible two's 6 months early.

You ask, "What could such an angelic looking child do?"

Here's the list:
He unfolded the stack of laundry when I went to answer the phone.
He scattered dog food.
When I opened the dishwasher to unload it, he'd turned it off - so they were dirty, with a sink full ready to go in.
He often, and notoriously undoes whatever straightening is accomplished. Blocks in the box ... now on the floor. Cars in the bucket ... scattered down the hall. Dish towels in the kitchen drawer ... around the kitchen.
All of the above is easily fixed, so I try to do it with a smile and move on with the day.

AND THEN ...
I tried to wash the car today. An exercise in futility! He was afraid of the power-washer. So, I ensconced him safely in the car, with the radio to do with as he pleased. He's usually quite content there for a few minutes. (My car washing skills are not extensive, so it was a relatively short amount of time.) I get back in to pull the car back in the garage ... and stuck in the steering wheel is a penny. Odd? Hhhmmmm. I look down to the ash tray for a small loot of coins that usually are found there. Curiously empty. Odd? Hhhmmmmm. As I swing around to line up the car ... NNNNNOOOOO!!!! He had pushed the contents of the ash tray INTO the steering wheel. Like, in the area that houses the airbag.
What used to be pepsi money is now rattling around every time I turn the steering wheel. I can hardly wait to tell Ryan when he gets home ....

2 comments:

Ryan and Mistie said...

I forgot to mention - he has a new-found repulsion towards clothes. Just wants to run around naked. The only fix is to get him completely dressed and outside to play. (Now even farther behind in my daily list!)
***I'm too lazy at this point to log back in and edit my post ...

Jane said...

Oh Mistie! Enjoy those lousy days. You'll miss them soon enough. Does that make me sound old?
You're such a good mom. I can tell by those big smiles your boys always have on their sweet faces. Just keep doing what you're doing! Maybe you should have Ryan keep the boys and you can come down here and escape. To my house!