Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Tulip Festival 2011

This is our second year attending the Thanksgiving Point Tulip Festival.  I think that's called a tradition! Due to the never-ending winter we've experienced (see last post) we were afraid that we'd never see green grass or blooming flowers again.  We found the smallest window of sunshine to enjoy our walk through the tulips. 
aaaaaahhhh, sunshine.
aaaaaahhh, flowers.




Seriously!?!  Doesn't that cheer you up?

Only Ryan noticed the beautiful glowing (back lit) tulips.  So pretty!

This year we had our return-tulip-participants Melissa and Amelia, and first time attendees Grandpa Doug and Grandma Becky. 


Here's Grandpa.  He figured a dip in the stream sounded delightful.

Sweet Miss Amelia in her Tulip Path Glory!

A little cousin time. 

Water fights in the Secret Garden.

Add caption

A Gaggle of Gillespies hanging in the Italian Garden.




Did we mention ICE CREAM!

Add caption

Lissa and Amelia hanging by the waterfall.  All the things to make a girl happy... Sunshine. Ice cream.
















































































Lissa's pretty certain that she was eating a rock.  Amelia!

Door to secret garden.  I love those boys! They're my favorite!

He had to get in on the water fight, too!

We love the beauty and peace of the gardens.  We had a great time, and hope that we can go again next year.  Douglas insists next year we're renting Segways and Golf Carts.  Better have the EMT's standing by....

2 comments:

Jane said...

I'm so happy the weather was nice for your day tiptoeing through the tulips!
I was hoping to see Becky when I when I was in Cedar. She was always so sweet to me and I just love her! I was a bit disappointed when Dianne mentioned she was with you. I'm glad you all had a good visit! I'll catch her next time. :)

Lacy@uphillandsmiling said...

I LOVE the "gaggle of Gillespies"! looks like so much fun... love you, Mis