Okay, I can barely type for the giggling. It's probably one of those 'had to be there' moments, but it's just so stinkin' funny, I have to get it down. Let me set the stage:
The house is dark and everyone is tucked into their own beds. Considering the week we've had, that is a small miracle. Both boys have their humidifiers humming, and we haven't heard even a cough from them. Nice. Quite. We ALL were sound asleep as it approached midnight.
And. Then. Ryan and I both wake up at the same time. There is a sound drifting into our room that is reminiscent of a horror movie soundtrack. It sounds like a demented spirit is playing on a cheap children's piano, plunking out the saddest tune.
But...
A creepy noise.
He hesitated.
He was creeped out.
Me: "It's a Christmas Song."
"Where's it coming from?"
Me: "Daniel's alarm clock. Go pull the plug."
For the next half hour we (we meaning me alone while Ryan humors me) laughed nearly uncontrolled thinking these thoughts, repeated on a loop:
*Big bad Dad, afraid of a creepy song.
*WHO recorded that song?
*WHO agreed to put it on the radio? (Even in the middle of the night.)
*Will I ever enjoy O Little Town of Bethlehem again?
*Will I ever get out of my head: "Yet in thy dark street shineth, The everlasting Light"
(Insert your own plunking piano sound in your head!)
I finally kicked myself out of bed, bound for the living room to watch TV. Ryan has to be up early for work, and he's getting zero sleep with me erupting into a fit of giggles every few minutes. Like I said, you probably had to be there.




0 comments:
Post a Comment