"Who's turn is it to say the prayer?"
Daniel pushed his little hand high in the air and enthusiastically answered, "Me!"
He offers sweet and honest little prayers. He prays that Logan will be nice and Dad will be safe. He prays for what's on his mind. (Yes, at times it is interesting, and at times it is the adults in the room that are holding back the giggles.) On Sunday night, he offered a prayer that had Ryan and I tearing up.
"Thank you for our dog." (Oh man, we all miss her.)
"Please bless Cadi that she'll come home to us after her body is better." (Uh oh.)
Daniel tries to be Mr. Tough Guy. But, he prays for what's on his mind. He misses her, too. (Sigh.) It's been almost six months since Cadi got sick while Daniel was asleep and he didn't get to say goodbye to her. I thought we'd talked, and talked, and talked about what happened and that he understood. He's a deep thinker and asks a lot of questions .... I don't know where I went wrong with this one.
It makes me think again about maybe getting another dog.
Tuesday, November 24, 2009
Thought this was a lesson already learned
Posted by Ryan and Mistie at 10:55 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment