Saturday, January 10, 2009

Please! I beg of you........ignore my Christmas-themed background for a little bit longer! Please forgive me for the long-silent blog!

We made it to our destination in our little convoy safely. Picture it..... ONE 24-foot moving truck, ONE 16-foot moving truck, ONE Honda, ONE Volkswagen, THREE men, TWO women, THREE children, ONE dog, TWO nights in hotels, FOUR different states and over 1,100 miles. We were one weary bunch by the time we pulled into grandmas house! It give a whole new meaning to 'Over the River and Through the Woods'.

So, we still don't have our high-speed internet hooked up - so I'm sneaking in a session at mom's house. I promise to upload a few pictures soon...

In the meantime - here are a few things that are going to take some getting used to between Oregon and here
*Paying Sales Tax!
*Pumping Own Gas!
*Sunday Dinners with Family!
*Thursday (or Tuesday or Saturday) Dinners with Family!
*Having Grandma babysit for a real-true date night!
*Going to watch dance recitals, basketball games, rodeos, baseball games, primary programs, Sacrament talks...lots of cousins with lots of activities they invite us to!
*2 hours from a mall....not that we shopped a lot before....
*Reasonable real estate
*Blue vs. Red .... (sorry Nadaulds, we're not true blue BYU fans, even in the heart of this BYU stronghold)
*Great-Grandparents for the boys so close!
*SNOW, SNOW, SNOW (Cadi is loving this part!)

3 comments:

Jane said...

I'm happy to hear you made it, safe and sound. I love that you are so close now. I might have to surprise you and drive up there one day!

allison nadauld said...

I'm wondering if the real reason for the Christmas background is that it is red. I see now. You were always so quiet about your BYU feelings. Now we know. The good news is, we can still be friends...we like you THAT much! The biggest thing we miss since you've moved is YOUR incredible family!!! Glad to hear you made it safe. Thanks for the update.

Aaron said...

While I am disappointed that you are Ute fans, I can forgive that b/c everything else about you seems pretty cool. We are happy you made it safe and sound. We had fun in Utah for the holidays and your'e right, I missed the gas pumpers and not paying tax. It is nice to be "home." We miss you guys.
Aaron Nadauld